Our Search Process
Hiring the best person available for a position, rather than the best person who applies to a job posting, requires a unique recruiting process. The following is our process for sourcing and engaging “top performer” candidates for our clients that has proven to be successful in any industry, for any position, across any organization.Our past performance includes the gamut of positions in HR/Recruiting, Engineering, IT, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Corporate Communications, Manufacturing, as well as Environmental Health and Safety.
When you’re ready to get started, Precision Recruiting, Inc, (PRI) will:
1. Take the time upfront to understand fully your business and all aspects of the position to save you valuable time. We will meet with you to …
- Understand why your position is open (retirement, promotion, dismissal, etc.)
- What types of candidate skills, characteristics, etc. have worked best in the past or that you are seeking in new candidates
- Understand the your organizational culture and interdepartmental relationships
- Discern what you want the person to accomplish in the first 3, 6, and 12 months on the job, so we can recruit candidates with previous performance in those areas.
- Understand why people like working at your organization and why a “top performer” would want to work there. Top performers have choices. Their motives and reasons for changing jobs are usually different from the average employee. How you engage and treat them must be different too. What are the benefits of working at your organization? What would they get to do? How will this position help them grow professionally? Describe the resources available to help accelerate their career.
- Obtain collaboration and agreement upfront from your interview team. Once we have the job’s concrete goals and expectations in hand, we will run them past everyone who has a say in the hiring process. The interview team must have upfront agreement on these objectives. This will save you valuable time, frustration, and sometimes embarrassment by making sure everyone is on the same page.
All this time and effort at the very beginning of the process allows us to serve you better by being able to have a completely different level of conversation with candidates, as well as the ability to better assess their skills and experience for you. With detailed information available, candidates respond better to our initial conversations and become much more engaged and interested in wanting to talk to you.
2. Develop a detailed job description, an assessment of the workplace demographics and an outline of your management style.
The Paradigm Shift for Job Descriptions:
Before writing a job description, we help you (our client) start with the end in mind. Traditionally there is too much focus on just listing skills and years of experience. By describing the job in terms of what needs to be accomplished and the long-term career opportunities, the skills become a subset of performance.
We ask you to think into the future and ask yourself “What would life be like a year from now if I hired the right person for the position?” Write down everything the person would have accomplished a year from now to prove it. This paradigm shift requires you to visualize what you expect the person to successfully accomplish within the first 30 days, 90 days, and the first year. Specifically, how do they need to go about accomplishing those goals for you to determine that you have selected the right person? This line of thinking gets you more focused on what needs to be accomplished instead of what an “ideal” candidate would look like.
We help you “think outside the box” by focusing on the idea that if a candidate can do the work, then the person will have the right skills and experience anyway. This approach helps you to include additional top-level talent that you and your team may have missed.
This approach also prepares you to describe clear performance objectives (i.e. “expand the cellular network footprint by 25% over next two years”) rather than just emphasizing skills (“must have 10+ years of telecom management experience, 3G/4G, CDMA”).
We remind you that when engaging top performer candidates, they need to see the career opportunities before they will seriously consider a job move. We help candidates focus on the opportunities your company offers and not just the open job.
Tools we use to quickly find you the highest quality candidates
- You have access to our large proprietary database of candidates collected from 20 plus years of recruiting experience
- To serve you better we utilize a web based applicant tracking and customer relationship management system that allows for quick and easy access from anywhere and the ability to contact and network with any number of qualified candidates at the same time with one click of a button. Easy candidate status reporting for you as well.
- Company owned accounts with Monster, DICE, LinkedIn Recruiter
- Custom robots, web spiders / crawlers, and Internet search engines to find the hidden top talent you are seeking
- Special tools and techniques to find candidate email addresses and phone numbers to be able to actually contact them once we find their profiles on the Internet
- We can even see in real time when your targeted candidates open our emails
How we engage and get candidates to respond to us once we find them.
Highly sought after candidates are frequently contacted by recruiters. So much so that many have removed their public profiles from the Internet. We have a proven strategy to engage them so that they will respond to you.
- We take the time to understand the motives, language and communication style of the specific candidate type we are recruiting for you.
- With the information gathered about your company and the position for which we are recruiting for you, we carefully create tailored messages to solicit a positive response from the top performers you are targeting.
- We also leverage our impressive list of testimonials from both past clients and candidates on LinkedIn and our website to gain a positive influence with the people we are recruiting for you.
- With the Internet and Social Networking, people frequently investigate the background of others who have contacted them that they do not know. They then decide whether to respond. With a 98% success rate of candidate responses, we have learned to use this discernment process to our advantage. You can check out our LinkedIn profile too at linkedin.com/in/tonybengtsonexecutiverecruiter/
In Addition we will:
- Conduct the candidate search assignment in accordance with your timeline.
- Develop and present for your review a candidate questionnaire tailored to the search assignment.
- While recruiting, develop a picture of the current compensation for the target position within the industry.
- Recruit and interview candidates in accordance with our Professional Commitment to Candidates and Clients. See this at the bottom of client and candidate testimonial pages on our website.
Candidate profiles that we provide include:
- At least one employer reference check to make sure your time is not wasted
- Completed candidate questionnaire
- Interview summary of the candidate’s fit for your position
- Description of what the candidate is looking for in their next career opportunity
What PRI provides during the candidate interview process:
- Scheduling your candidate interviews and participating in the interview process, when appropriate for you
- Providing you candidate feedback upon completion of the interview process
- Conducting and presenting a written summary of reference checks on your final candidate
- Provide “high touch” and follow up communications with your preferred candidates many times to ensure they remain engaged during the interview and offer process.
Once you have selected a candidate, PRI will take care of the rest:
- Prepare a written offer of employment detailing all agreed to terms between you and final candidate, if you so desire.
- Facilitate/negotiate the employment offer to the final candidate.
- Assist your final candidate in resigning from current company and prepare candidate to deal with the possibility of a counteroffer.
- Maintain heavy contact with your selected candidate until they actually start their new job with your company and follow up with them during the first six months of employment to ensure a good transition.